Doctors in Devon are reassuring local people that the NHS is still there for them if they are unwell and need help but reminding them that opening hours for some services may be different due to the bank holiday weekend.
GP practices will be closed on Monday 25 May for the bank holiday, but other services are available for people with urgent health needs over the holiday period.
- If you have need urgent advice and aren’t sure where to go, visit 111 online or phone 111
- A selection of pharmacies across Devon will be open on the Bank Holiday. Pharmacy opening hours are available on the NHS website
- GP practices will open again on Tuesday 26 May. For non-urgent requests, submit an eConsult on your GP practice website and they will pick it up when they open again after the bank holiday
- Download the NHS App for advice, to order repeat prescriptions, or make appointments or feel free to contact BCN
- The HANDI paediatric app is available for parents to use when their children are ill
- A&E is open 24 hours for serious and life-threatening injury or illness
You can check the opening times for your nearest pharmacy on the NHS website.